Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Very Special Guest Blogger Today


As many of you know, they've been letting Katy use a computer for a few times a day to go on Facebook and check in with everybody. She has been coming along amazingly well; I cannot express my gratitude in words that would be worthy of its depth.

She has a goal of August 19th to go home. She came up with that herself and many of the staff say it's good to have a goal. She has them list out what things she needs to accomplish first and she works just as hard as she can to obtain those goals. She is very cooperative with everybody and understands everything they ask will help her.

She told us her eyes are blurry. Once when we were walking, she said it's blurry, and I asked, "Everything?" She said, "Just the things I look at." We both had a great laugh over that one. She actually has double vision still. They have her wear a patch over each eye and switch it but they do say that will correct itself.

She also has pain in her right leg and right arm that is still bothering her but physically she has done so well. She's done remarkably well in her cognitive healing. They have her do math and puzzles and some writing every day. She has been practicing in a book, writing letters to people, until she was able to use the computer and now she's practicing on that. She's also reading a book herself.

We got to walk to Subway together to have dinner. Hopefully soon she won't even need a sitter at night. She probably doesn't now but they have to wait for approval on Monday. On Thursday they usually meet on her case. This Thursday Katy would like to go to the meeting. Hopefully we'll be able to start the neuro therapy this week to begin the process of life afterward.

Here is Katy's first guest blog. I am going to type out exactly what she wrote so when you see that I'm 20, that's her being her charming self. She tells everybody who comes in the room that her mom's 20:

Hello everyone! Thanks for reading my mom's blog :) She is still 20.
I'm aware of everything now, whether it was my mom's really good lemonade, classical music, or The Hunger Games, or a combination of the 3, that I'm aware of everything now. I thought this was a dream, then the past, then the future for a while, but I am convinced myself now that I'm happier here than I was, this is a better life I have created. Ben Deml is really nice AND a great boyfriend.
Sorry that I scared all of you then went into a coma/stupor. Sorry that Austin and I got into an accident. I'm getting a Grand Prix next. I will miss everyone here. Getting popsicles too.
Love, Katy


13 comments:

  1. YAY, Katy!! Well done!! Mrs. German and I will be coming to see you soon. I think she might be on vacation because she hasn't returned my call yet. As soon as she does, we will set up a time to come to see you :-) I think of you often, and am glad that you are doing great (AND listening to your Doctors.....LOL!!) Mrs. Swiggum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Katy! Keep up the most amazing progress ever! The orange kitten in your pictures on Facebook is waiting to see you again! You took that picture the day before your accident...he's getting alot bigger. I'll have Ben bring you a picture! I can't wait to see your beautiful smile again!
    Love,
    Stacey
    (Ben's Mom...I'm a little older than your mom..I'm 23! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great JOB Katy,,,it's wonderful to hear your own words,,,you don't have to apologize for your accident, because that's what they are,,, accidents. I'm glad that you have goals to work on,,,and that you're working hard to go home!! Keep up that wonderful spirit!!! My goal for you is to see you one day with purple hair!!! Praying for you,
    Jean
    (austin's aunt)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katy, what a wonderful blog today. I love you very much. God is so good.

    Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. August 19th? We will have to throw a birthday/thank-heavens-you're-out-of-the-hospital party for you (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy, You have nothing to apologize for. We've all been kids once, well at least many of us are adults now, and things happen. You have been a total inspiration for us out here in California. I'm so very proud of you. Auntie Boo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get em Katy. I'm so glad you are doing great. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you have one of the worlds greatest attitudes! Keep up the good work! :')

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much progress since the last blog. Way to go, Katy! We are trying to figure out a day for Kari and I to come visit you in the hospital. We will call before so you know when we are coming. On our way to Florida right now. Get home August 5. Take care and keep working towards your goal. You are Amazing!!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katy, I'm so thrilled you are doing so much better. Your family in CA is preying for you. Your grandma Virginia sends her love. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thougts.

    Love,
    Anna and the rest of the Collaco Clan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katy,

    What a great blog entry! I'm so glad that you're making such strong gains in your recovery!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Katy,
    You Rock! You have amazed so many people. You are a walking Miracle. Thank God. You had angels with you. Keep up the good work. Many people love you and are so glad that you pulled through. *HUGS*

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katy,
    I am so happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery & will soon be able to go home! You have made an amazing journey thus far, & I am not surprised. With your determined spirit, I am sure that you will continue to move mountains!

    Stay strong~
    Mrs. Hollister

    ReplyDelete